In our day to day we consider and evaluate as human beings and entrepreneurs the importance that security represents for the development and growth of our activities. We think about the prevention of theft and the assurance of spaces as a first-hand priority. But is this all that our operations encompass?
At the labor level, protecting goods and spaces is not the only thing that can guarantee the proper functioning of our investments. Depending on the nature of our business model, there is a small branch that from the digitization of our lifestyle we should start to consider: Cyber security as a service.
It is currently considered one of the most important administrative processes of companies today, which is responsible for ensuring the protection of private data, digital content and technological resources that it possesses.
But why the need to have computer security?
Prevention and assurance in this area has as main premise to guarantee the well-being of the informative data contained within a computer or network of the company. Think of this information as one of the essential points of the operation of the company (such as fiscal data or summaries of administrative processes); therefore, the theft or invasion of a virus can not only complicate normal operation, but also generate a permanent loss of invaluable information, for example:
- Leaks of private information of the company (data of clients or workers).
- Deterioration of the operations due to damages in the internal processes of the system.
- Theft of advantageous information for the companies of the competition.
- Damage to the image of the company before clients or future investors.
- Financial losses of the company
- Internal and external sabotage to the company system
Based on this, 3 types of main security mechanisms have been developed to safeguard the welfare of said information:
- Prevention mechanismsthat increase initial security and hinder the penetration of external entities to corporate databases.
- The detection toolsthat are specifically responsible for conducting probes on the networks to detect any threat you wish to enter.
- The recovery mechanismsthat are only activated in case a threat manages to damage the system and that also fulfill the function of restoring the lost data and returning the system to its correct functioning.